100 Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany, 2018.PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany.The Hans Böckler Foundation is now accepting applications for a PhD scholarship to promote research and studies. The HSB awards scholarships to doctoral students with outstanding academic gifts who show commitment to labor unions or socio-political issues.
The Hans Böckler Foundation is the DGB’s co-determination, research and study promotion program. It is committed in all its fields of co-determination as a design principle of a democratic society. It promotes this idea, supports mandate holders in co-determination functions and advocates extended co-determination rights.
Study Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline offered.
Scholarship Advantage:: Amount of scholarship:
- Doctoral students receive a grant of EUR 1,050 per month, plus a research cost allowance of EUR 100 as well as family and child allowances, if necessary.
- Stays abroad may be financed by means of a foreign residence allowance and contributions to travel costs and tuition fees.
- Non-material support in the form of seminars, events, networking meetings etc.
Number of Scholarships: Every year the HSB assigns about 100 grants.
Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Particularly gifted doctoral candidates in any discipline who propose a promising doctoral project and show commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues
Academic Requirements: Admission to post-graduate studies at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply: Applications for promotion can be submitted directly to the foundation at any time.
The application should contain the following documents in duplicate (union members please triple), including a sentence with a certified certificate, the other sentences in photocopies:
- Formless application for a doctorate scholarship with a well-founded presentation of the motivation for the doctorate and the motivation for the application at the Hans Böckler Foundation
- Application form (filled out and printed on the computer, no notes!)
- CV, tabular and detailed
- certified examination certificate, which is entitled to a doctorate (a certificate and simple copies)
- Description of the project (outline) with work schedule, schedule, and outline (max. Ten pages)
- Opinion of the scientific supervisor (an original with signature and copies)
The supervisor is asked to compile her opinion along our questionnaire and to take note of the “Agreement on a good practice of promotion of doctorates”.
- In the case of applications for a doctoral dissertation funded by the Hans-Böckler-Foundation and correspondingly written out, the report is prepared by the supervisors of the College
- Enrollment certificate or admission if available
Please send the application documents to us by post only.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are February 1, June 1 and October 1 of every year.