DAAD Intensive Language Course Grant for US and Canadian Students in Germany, 2017.Scholarships For USA and Canadian Students in Germany.Applications are called for US and Canadian students for the award of Intensive Language Course Grant programme. The grant is awarded in the field of the German language.This scholarship program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of the German language (general language, special language) and cultural knowledge of the country.The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
Study Level: The grant is available to pursue intensive language course.
Course Subject: The grant is awarded in the field of the German language.
Scholarship Advantages: The grant will cover the followings:
One-off scholarship payment of EUR 2,300-
Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see here for more information.
Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area; Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor program are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master’s degree program immediately after completing their BA. Please submit a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Graduates who work in higher education and completed their last academic degree no longer than six years before the time of application are eligible to apply.
- Students/graduates from the areas of German studies, German as a foreign language and translation courses are not eligible.
Nationality: US and Canadian applicants are eligible for the grant.
Requirements for Entrance: Applicants must be bachelor, master and doctoral students.
English Language Requirement: German language skills should be equivalent to at least level A1 and no higher than B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Apply Procedure: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- The application must be submitted online through the DAAD Portal.
- In addition, you are required to email 2 copies of the “Application Summary” (PDF File), which is generated in the DAAD Portal after the online application procedure has been completed, as well as one recent reference from a university teacher in a sealed envelope.