Visiting Postdoctoral Fellowships at Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto in Canada, 2018.The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto is inviting applications for Visiting Postdoctoral Fellowships for the 2018-19 academic year. International students are eligible to apply for this Postdoctoral Fellowships.The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto is an interdisciplinary center aimed at advancing research and teaching in the field of ethics, broadly defined. The Centre seeks to bring together the theoretical and practical knowledge of diverse scholars, students, public servants and social leaders in order to increase understanding of the ethical dimensions of individual, social, and political life.
- Course Level: This is a visiting postdoctoral fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: The Centre for Ethics can accommodate visiting postdoctoral fellows who are funded by Canadian fellowships (e.g., by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)*) or international fellowships. All ethics-related research projects are welcome.
- Scholarship Advantage: While visiting postdoctoral fellows do not receive salary support, the Centre provides office space, a computer, library privileges, and access to the university’s electronic resources.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto, an interdisciplinary centre aimed at advancing research and teaching in the field of ethics, broadly defined, invites applications from recent holders of a PhD (or other doctoral degree), regardless of discipline or field of study, who wish to spend a year at the Centre to conduct postdoctoral research related to the Centre’s mission to bring together the theoretical and practical knowledge of diverse scholars, students, public servants and social leaders in order to increase understanding of the ethical dimensions of individual, social, and political life.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarship Application Method:
How to Apply: Applications are considered throughout the year; to ensure full consideration, however, applications for the 2018-19 academic years should be submitted by May 1, 2018. Applications for yearlong stays are preferred. Other applications should specify the period of the proposed visit: summer (May-August), fall (September-December) or winter term (January-April). To apply, please send a cover letter with the following information to ethics-at-utoronto.ca:
- Proposed research project
- Source of funding
Name of the affiliated faculty member who has agreed to supervise
* Please note that the Centre for Ethics can also provide a letter of institutional support for graduate students who are applying for an SSHRC postdoctoral fellowship.
The last date for applying Postdoctoral Fellowships is May 1, 2018